Hi all, Sorry to crosspost so blatantly but as the meetings are often
in Southampton I though this quite a relevant topic. I also hope to
host some HantsLug meetings at our new space sometime.

So Make It [1], the Southampton Makerspace, is a volunteer-run
non-profit community space for people of all walks of life who like to
make things, be they physical, digital or otherwise. Having only
existed since March 2013, the Makerspace already has many tools
available to use such as a 3D printer, lathe, various drills and saws,
angle grinder, welder, soldering irons, printers, guillotines and much
more. Besides it’s twice weekly meetups it has also organised a number
of events including a soldering workshop, programming course and
quadcopter hack day; and hosts a number of groups including
electronics (Southackton), 3D printing (So RepRap) and .NET Gadgeteer
(Gadgeteer South Coast).

The agreement we have for our space in Southampton is coming to an end
in the middle of October, at which point we need to pay for 12 months
rent up front. We are asking for donations via a crowd-funding
campaign [2] to cover our basic costs for the next year. This will
enable us to grow, have more tools and equipment, longer opening hours
and more space for more members, more events and more workshops. We
will even have our own locked doors and are aiming for 24 hour, seven
days a week access for all members!

Please donate [3] to our campaign [2] to keep So Make It around. With
your help we can grow bigger and better!

[1] http://www.somakeit.org.uk/
[2] http://blog.somakeit.org.uk/2013/09/10/crowdfunding/
[3] https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/fundraiser-for-so-make-it

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
email: an...@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.