Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with using a Raspberry Pi for a project with
children?

I can see that there are loads of projects on-line and in magazines, but which
ones actually work well with children?

My wife is working with the town hall to provide IT lessons (mostly
pensioners) but they would like to do something with children during the
school holidays.

The ideal projects would be:
* Doable over 4 days of mornings or afternoons
* Doesn't require use of soldering irons (weapons)
* Not strictly attractive to boys or girls
* Some thing for primary and secondary school age
* Not silly expensive - we can get grant money but not zillions

I've said I'm happy to give time on the Linux side and I know some
programming, but I expect it will be more of a plug board kit kind of project
with a pre-written program that they can tinker with.

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, France

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
   -- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory