What do you think if HanoiLUG can organize this summit?

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Frederic Muller" <f...@beijinglug.org>
To: discuss at saigonlug.org
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 7:30:26 PM GMT +07:00 Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta
Subject: [saigonLug] Gnome.Asia Summit

Hi guys!

My name is Fred and I am ex-President of Beijing LUG and current Vice
President. I am also on the board of Gnome.Asia summit and involved in a
few other Open Source projects.

Last year we organized Gnome.Asia summit in Beijing, China and we're
looking for a team of motivated and passionate individuals to take
leadership this year and organize it in a different Asian country/city.
I was with mario Behling (LXDE) yesterday and he said the Saigon LUG
would be very interested in doing so.

We're actually sendint out a call for host on various Gnome mailing, to
which I do not know whether you are subscribed. Here is what it says:

Call for invitations to be the host of GNOME.Asia Summit 2009

We are soliciting proposals for hosting GNOME.Asia 2009. The
GNOME.Asia Summit is planned to be an annual GNOME event hosted in
Asia. We started the GNOME.Asia Summit in 2008 and we want to continue
this tradition and spread GNOME throughout the Asian region.

The GNOME.Asia Summit will focus primarily on the GNOME desktop
including both applications and the development platform in addition
to larger GNOME-related community in Asia. The Summit brings together
the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers,
foundation leaders, governments and businesses to discuss a varied
range of topics relating to GNOME and the GNOME community in Asia.
Learn more about GNOME.Asia Summit from our website at
http://www.gnome.asia/en/

The Summit has an active committee to assist the local coordinators,
but there is a definitive need for individuals actively involved and
committed to the planning and execution of the Summit. There are
challenges to work through but the process can be a very rewarding and
a lot of fun.
GNOME.Asia is much like a tiny seed we want to grow into a tree in
Asia. We are looking for local organizers in any Asian country with
the desire to take on and succeed in the challenges of organizing an
excellent GNOME event.

The following two links are "must read items" for GUADEC, the European
model for the Summit. It has also worked well for GNOME.Asia Summit
organizers :

How to:
http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanningHowTo?highlight=(guadec)|(howto)
<http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanningHowTo?highlight=%28guadec%29%7C%28howto%29>
Check list: http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanningHowTo/CheckList

You will also find the template of GNOME.Asia Summit 2008 Proposal is
very helpful: Download the proposal template from:

http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/document/GNOME_Asia_Summit_proposal.pdf

Dear GNOME friends

For those of you who would like to host the next GNOME.Asia Summit in
2009 you are hereby invited to write a formal invitation to the
GNOME.Asia Committee list (asia-summit-list at gnome.org
<mailto:asia-summit-list at gnome.org>) regarding your
ideas for this years signature Asian GNOME event! The deadline for
submitting the proposal is 15th, June, 2009.

If you have any questions about the process or ideas you'd like to
discuss before submitting a proposal, you can reach us at
asia-summit-list at gnome.org <mailto:asia-summit-list at gnome.org>.

Thanks,
GNOME.Asia Summit Committee

So if you are interested please do contact us.

Thanks a lot.

Fred
Beijing LUG