On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Bernhard Krieger <b...@noremorze.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> <SNIP!>
>
> To get o good overwiew of our domains i created over than 40 acls, but i
> getting an error after starting the proxy.
>

> This happens if i using more than 30 acls  in a backend.
>
> use_backend WEB1 if acl1 or acl2 .. acl30 or acl40
>

> So i decided to create only one acl, but i getting an error too!
>
> starting haproxy[ALERT] 060/115647 (12911) : parsing
> [/etc/haproxy/config:91]: line too long, limit: 2047.
> [ALERT] 060/115647 (12911) : Error reading configuration file :
> /etc/haproxy/config

FYI, "2047" is there because 2048 is allocated in the source for
reading in a config line. I wouldn't recommend changing this in the
source, though - I think you probably have more problems than the
limit for a config line.

Why so many acls anyway? Must they really be there? I administrate a
setup that is almost similar - but I definitely work at keeping the
acls sane and small. We definitely do not have 40 acls here...

> So i have the following questions:
> 1) How many acls can i use per backend configuration
> 2) Other soltuions!
>
> Version: 1.3.15.7
>

> Thank you!

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."