On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:37:46PM -0500, Jeremy wrote:
> We have a site that's getting HTTP 502 errors (PH-- in the logs), and "no
> option checkcache" did not help. Not quite sure how to find out exactly what
> is making HAProxy give the HTTP 502 / PH-- response, even using the debug
> option didn't really give any better insight.
>
> Off the top of your heads does anyone know if a cookie value that contains
> equal signs is illegal? This site is trying to save an encrypted string in a
> cookie like Username=asdkjflasdjflkadsjflasdfj==; and my best guess so far
> is the extra =='s at the end of the cookie value are not HTTP compliant. Not
> having much luck finding a definitive list of what characters are legal in
> cookie values though. I see several other cookies flying around with # or |
> in them but they don't cause this PH-- issue, its only when the one with the
> =='s shows up that it happens.

I don't think this should cause any trouble. However, if you have enabled
the "stats socket" in the global section, you can connect with socat to your
haproxy via this socket and issue a "show errors". You will then get the full
capture of the last response which caused the error, with a pointer indicating
exactly what char was rejected.