On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:47:06PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> I'm successfully using the stats socket for monitoring.  But when I
> did a "show errors" nothing was printed at all.  I tried using socat
> with "show stat" and it works, but "show errors" after getting a 502"
> never prints anything.

OK so it means there is no invalid response, just aborted connections.

> Otherwise you suggest that Nginx is closing the connection too fast.
> I checked this, and SO_LINGER is only used for a timed out connection,
> but there is no timeout involved here AFAICT.

interesting. It would be good to check with tcpdump on the network,
because obviously there is an issue somewhere. If nginx says it sends
a 400 and haproxy says it gets an abort, either someone is lying, or
there is a subtle effect of the network components between them to which
I can't think right now.