On 14.07.2009 18:12 Uhr, Jeremy wrote:
> Is it possible to use 'reqirep' to i.e. rewrite a Host header, only if a
> certain ACL matches? As far as I can tell it doesn't look like you can
> combine ACL's with the req* header manipulation commands but I just
> wanted to double check.

Jeremy,

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible as the header manipulation
methods do not accept any ACLs. You could however first route your
request to a special backend using use_backend (and appropriate ACLs).
The header manipulation could then be done in the context of this
backend exclusively.

While is might become very ugly in large scale, it can be used as a
isolated shortcut until Willy (or some other skilled C developer :)
decides to implement ACLs on header manipulation methods.

I - for myself - would appeciate such an extension.

--Holger