On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 06:30:39AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> frontend my_front
>       acl near_usable nbsrv(near) ge 2
>       acl far_usable  nbsrv(far)  ge 2
>       use_backend near if near_usable
>       use_backend far  if far_usable
>       # otherwise error
>
> backend near
>       balance roundrobin
>       server near1 1.1.1.1 check
>       server near2 1.1.1.2 check
>       server near3 1.1.1.3 check
>
> backend far
>       balance roundrobin
>       server far1  2.1.1.1 check
>       server far2  2.1.1.2 check
>       server far3  2.1.1.3 check

Aha, I already came to such a solution and noticed it works only
in HTTP mode.
Since I actually do not want to parse HTTP-specific information,
I want to stay in TCP mode (but still use ACL with nbsrv).

So I should stick with 1.4 for that purpose, right?

Or does HTTP mode acts like TCP mode unless I actually use
something HTTP-specific?
In other words, will the above configuration (used in HTTP mode)
actually try to parse HTTP headers (and waste cpu cycles for that)?

Thanks.