Actually I figured it out with the help from Benoit. It looks like when
just specifying the URI haproxy still uses the OPTIONS method to check?
For some reason it wasn't returning a 404 error if the file wasn't
there, it may be the way IIS works but I don't have anything to test
this with. Anyway I added the HEAD method and all is fine and working
correctly now.

Thanks

Kent

Kent Noonan
Network Engineer
North Kansas City School District
Desk: 816-413-5151
Cell: 816-674-9101

>>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at  5:08 PM, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 02:55:54PM +0200, Benoit wrote:
>> Kent Noonan a écrit :
>> > Hello all...
>> >
>> > I am working on a new setup and am having an issue, that I will
admit, is
> probably me misreading the docs. We have a couple of other load
balance
> solutions, so I am not new to the concept, this is just our first use
of
> haproxy.
>> >
>> > I have 5 backend servers and I am trying to configure it so they
can be
> taken out of service by using the availability of a file. Here is the

> relevant config section:
>> >
>> > backend application-servers
>> >         balance roundrobin
>> >         appsession session_id len 32 timeout 1h
>> >         mode http
>> >         http-check disable-on-404
>> >         option httpchk /alive.htm
>> >         server bb-app1 10.200.35.1:80 check
>> >         server bb-app2 10.200.35.2:80 check
>> >         server bb-app3 10.200.35.3:80 check
>> >         server bb-app4 10.200.35.4:80 check
>> >         server bb-app5 10.200.35.5:80 check
>> >
>> > What I am trying to do is if a file exists at the uri of
/alive.htm the
> server is available. If that file gets deleted off of the server that
server
> will be taken out of service for new connections and still allow
existing
> connections. For some reason this isn't working, when looking at the
stats
> page all servers show UP even though only one of the servers has the

> /alive.htm file on it. I am running 1.3.19 on a 64bit architecture.
>> >
>> > Can anyone see what I am missing, or have any other words of
wisdom to
> hopefully get this working for me?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Kent
>> >

>> I was using  " option httpchk HEAD /nagios.htm HTTP/1.0\r\nHost:
127.0.0.1"