On 9/17/09 1:17 PM, David Birdsong wrote:
I'm having trouble with the syntax of the hdr* matching for creating ACL's.

I know that my control flow is correct.  by changing the acl
defiinition to a simple src ip, i get the desired change of backends.

ie. this will send traffic to img backends (desired)
      #  acl from_vnsh hdr_sub -i nginx
        acl from_vnsh src 208.94.1.44
        use_backend varnish if METH_GET ! from_vnsh
        default_backend img

this will send it to varnish:
        acl from_vnsh hdr_sub -i nginx
        # acl from_vnsh src 208.94.1.44
        use_backend varnish if METH_GET ! from_vnsh
        default_backend img

I think the problem is you shouldn't have the METH_GET in there
use_backend varnish if ! from_vnsh
works for me

furthermore, is there a way to match on a header field and not the
field's value?
i have a field:

i want to create the acl simply based on X-Varnish being present
irrespective of the value of this field.

acl varn_present hdr_cnt(X-Varnish) gt 0