On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Joseph Hardeman wrote:

Hey Guys,
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to have Haproxy handle mysql requests. I know that I can use the TCP option instead of HTTP and it will work, but I was wondering if anyone has a way to make haproxy send all requests for Select statements to a set of servers and all Insert, Updates, and Deletes to a master MySQL server.

I was just thinking about it and was wondering if this was possible and if anyone has done it. If you have would you be willing to share how your setup is.

Currently, there is no MySQL support in HAProxy. However, you should try
MySQL_Proxy:
 http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy

Best regards,

                        Krzysztof Olędzki