Dnia 2009-12-11, pią o godzinie 02:13 -0200, Gabriel Sosa pisze:

> Hola!
>
> Currently our haproxy is setup over a Intel Pentium D 930 with 2gb 667
> RAM, we are in a test stage. Running a Centos 5.3 64bits kernel 2.6
>
> haproxy was compiled with TARGET=linux26
>
> - How can I know if this is a good hardware for this. I didn't found
> any about this in the documentation.
> - How can I calculate the maximum number of connection based on that
> hardware/OS/kernel
>
> In the other hand, how is a session considered ? I mean: If I have a
> page with 4 images (for example) should I consider this like a 5
> different sessions or just one session with 5 elements? there is any
> documentation about how should I read the stats?
>
> I really enjoy this piece of software, there is any other way (like
> IRC) to have good talks ?
>
> thank you!

Tbh best way to check it is just u fire some light http servers and run
benchmarks
U might want to tune ur system a bit, like turn off connection tracking
(as it can eat lots of RAM/CPU), get new kernel (so tcp splicing will
work) and get good network cards. From my experience haproxy perfomance
is "as fast as kernel can put it on the wire" ;]

--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani...@gmail.com>
GnuPG: 0xEA8ACE64