[ for an unknown reason, this mail failed to reach the list, trying again ]

Hi Hank,

I should have read the ML before responding to you privately :-)

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 02:24:27AM -0800, Hank A. Paulson wrote:
> I have a site with 90% of the traffic from a few client IPs that are 300ms
> or so away, their gateway software doesn't seem to be dealing with
> thousands of connections very well and we can't take advantage of large tcp
> windows because the connection is over after one response.
>
> So I am thinking of trying to put something that will maintain a few long
> connections with that far away client IP and see if that improves things.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for http proxies with keep alive that I can put
> in front of haproxy? Anyone doing this? config suggestions?

you can simply download the very latest snapshot (not yet available in the
snapshot directory, you'll have to extract it from GIT) :

   http://haproxy.1wt.eu/git?p=haproxy.git;a=snapshot;sf=tgz

Then replace "option httpclose" with "option http-server-close" and you'll
have keep-alive on the client-side. It also supports pipelining, which
further reduces latency when your clients support it too.

Best regards,