hi,

thanks for the idea and i too use a static healthcheck file, though i
have been burned a few times when mongrel dished up the file, but
rails was in fact hung so am going to go back to rails method as soon
as i can get queued healthchecks. not sure which version that is.

anyway, it has been my experience if i remove all the healthcheck
files, then haproxy skips the queue and starts returning 5xx (no
servers available) errors right away which defeats the purpose.

--
greg gard, psyd
www.carepaths.com