Hi Judd,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 05:51:55PM -0400, Judd Montgomery wrote:
> I've been working on a patch to add buttons to the stats web page, one
> per server entry.  These buttons will enable/disable servers.
>
> If/when I finish this patch would it be accepted, or a welcome
> addition?  If so I'll finish it, if not I may or may not.

This feature is appealing, however for security concerns, I've always
wanted to stick to a "read-only" access to the web interface. It's
too easy to get caught with an accessible interface on the net with
people who are able to change parameters. And I've observed such
unexpected accesses several times now.

But on the other hand, I know that several people are interested with
such a feature. So I think that the better solution is to start the
debate here. One idea could be that authentication with crypted
passwords is absolutely mandatory to enable such features. Maybe
other persons will have other ideas.

Best regards,