On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 07:11:28AM +0200, hapr...@serverphorums.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use stunnel and haproxy to sit in front a web application that
> is completely http and running on IIS and I am experiencing a bit of a quirk.
>   I more less took the exact config from haproxy's architecture.txt file
> except where I have marked changes.    I can use the https:// and connect to
> my app's home page and whenever I hover over all of the links they show
> https://mysite/somepage   but about 3/4 of the time whenever I click on one
> of the links I am returned an http:// address with a blank page.   Any
> thoughts?

This is something very common in many applications, you have either raw
links in the HTML code, or dynamically computed redirects which say
"http" because the server thinks the incoming connection was HTTP.

For the links, you really have to fix the app or make this a config
parameter. For redirects too in theory, though if absolutely required,
you can write an "rspirep" rule to rewrite them. But doing so is also
the beginning of problems because the application is not fixed anyway ;-)