Hi,

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:06:44PM +1000, Michael Dodwell wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just tried to load a subdomain we have behind haproxy
> (http://test_this.somedomain.com) and it fails? I assume this is a bug
> as underscores/hyphen's are allowed in dns.. this also worked in older
> versions..  of haproxy fine..

This is not related to haproxy as haproxy does not make use of the
host field. In fact, while hypens are allowed in DNS, underscores
are not. In my opinion, you had previously tested from a windows
machine where the underscore was handled by the windows name resolver
which uses underscores. Or maybe you had this hard-coded in your
/etc/hosts file.

BTW, check the error you're getting on the browser. I suspect it's
talking about DNS. You should also notice that haproxy does not get
any connection when this happens.