Thanks.
Are there any config examples I can take a look at?
Specifically having HAPROXY load balance 2 backend SSL encrypted
tomcat servers.
As per your message, I would not be able to use POUND.
How can I configure HAPROXY to only balance the 2 servers' port 443
and apply stickiness to the source IP's?
are there any examples I can look at?

How can I modify the below config to also passthrough, balance and
create the sticky sessions for SSL also?
currently our port 80 load balancing looks like this: (entire
config)

global
    log 127.0.0.1:514 local7         # only send important events
    maxconn 4096
    user haproxy
    group haproxy
    daemon
defaults
    log global
    mode http
    option httplog
    option dontlognull
    retries 3
    option redispatch
    maxconn 2000
    contimeout 5000
    clitimeout 50000
    srvtimeout 50000
        stats enable
    stats uri /stats
frontend http-in
    bind *:80
    acl is_ww2_test1_com hdr_end(host) -i ww2.test1.com
    use_backend ww2_test1_com if is_ww2_test1_com
backend ww2_test1_com
    balance roundrobin
    cookie SERVERID insert nocache indirect
    option httpchk
    option httpclose
    option forwardfor
    server Server1 10.10.10.11:80 cookie Server1
    server Server2 10.10.10.12:80 cookie Server2

thanks again.

ts