Hello there!

I was wondering how to push information about SSL session (cipher, strength,
certificate info) to backends. This is usualy done by injecting request
headers before sending request to application servers or webserver handlers.

I've read proxy protocol specification and i don't see any option how to share
this info from stunnel to haproxy.

This goal is achievable by putting nginx as SSL ofloader before haproxy. Nginx
only supports http 1.0 in proxy mode which has obvious drawbacks (no chunked
backend response support).

Does anyone use nginx before haproxy instead of stunnel?

Best regards, Brane