On 12/15/2010 11:30 PM, Cyril Bonté wrote:
Yes, this is how this configuration works.
Example :
Incoming request is : GET /fooc/bar HTTP/1.1

=>  APPLYING reqirep ^([^\ ]*)\ /fooc/(.*) \1\ /cgi-bin/cgi-
gw.exe?action=capt&fooid=\2

The request becomes : GET /cgi-bin/cgi-gw.exe?action=capt&fooid=bar HTTP/1.1
It won't match the 'fooc' acl anymore but the 'cgi' one will.
And you've got :
      use_backend apache if cgi
which sends the request to the apache backend.

That's very cool! Complete re-evaluation of all the components after every step is extremely powerful, and unexpected. This program never ceases to impress me. Thank you for your awesome work. Thanks to this config, one of our major clients is happy to have a reliable service. We were starting to think we'd have to rewrite the entire system for Linux to make it stable.

If this re-evaluation behavior is in the documentation, and it very likely is, could you point out which section in the 1.4 docs covers it?

I think management will want to keep the separate backends for the stats information, so what I'll be doing is eventually upgrading to 1.5-dev and utilizing the include syntax so that I don't have to worry about the server list being typed wrong in one of the backends. Will that functionality work in the way I want it to?

Thanks,
Shawn