Hi,

On 7 February 2011 17:54, Amol <mandm_z...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, i had a question on setting up haproxy in SSL, since my current site
> is https(where i had used openssl to generate csr and crt keys), so i wanted
> to load balance with the same.
>
> My web servers are apache and they are behind the haproxy server, so once i
> install stunnel on HAproxy server, i have a few question in the installation
> process
>
> I have installed stunnel-4.35.tar.gz, but the patch for xforward was
> tunnel-4.32-xforwarded-for.diff is that ok? of is the patch available for
> 4.35 ?

The last stunnel patch I saw on this mailing list was for stunnel 4.34
available from this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg04024.html

> this is the patch ouput
> $patch -p1 < ../stunnel-4.32-xforwarded-for.diff
> patching file doc/stunnel.8
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 504.
<snip>

The patch failed, you need to use the patch described above - quite
possibly with stunnel 4.34 not 4.35 (it might work
but if any hunks show up as 'FAILED' go back to 4.34).

> during the make install of stunnel it asked me the details for the .pem file?
> why is that needed if i use certs from third party vendors?
> can i used a certificate generated from third party vendors like godaddy to
> set stunnel?
> or do i have to use self-signed certificate?

The make install process probably generates a self signed certificate
initially. There might be a parameter to skip this.
Regardless you can definitely swap it for another certificate from a
3rd party vendor. It should be in ASCII PEM format
though.

--
Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie