First of all, sorry for the previous list spam. I pasted the wrong
address while subscribing.

I am setting up FTP load balancing using HAProxy. The rub is that I
want something similar to the X-Forwarded-For header supported in
HTTP.

I am aware of TPROXY, but I don't wish to maintain my own packages for
the kernel, xen and all the dependencies this entails.

A simpler user-space solution would suit me much better. I would like
to patch HAProxy so that it provides specialized FTP handling in the
form of an FTP SITE command. Such that when optionally enabled, it
will inject the following FTP command at the beginning of the TCP
stream.

SITE IP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

My backend FTP server will know how to deal with this site command and
store the IP address for use internally.

This would negate the need for TPROXY and seems fairly
straightforward. Any feedback or thoughts on this topic?

Thanks.