option http-server-close is sufficient and allow client side keep-alive.
Moreover, to achive a good load balancing, server side keepalice NEEDS to be
disabled (with http-server-close
option) since mutiple connections inside one keep-alive session are not
balanced...

Client side keep alive does not matters here.

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 13:53:49 Brian Carpio wrote:
> From the documentation
>
>   It is important to note that as long as HAProxy does not support keep-alive
>   connections, only the first request of a connection will receive the header.
>   For this reason, it is important to ensure that "option httpclose" is set
>   when using this option.
>
>   Examples :
>     # Public HTTP address also used by stunnel on the same machine
>     frontend www
>         mode http
>         option forwardfor except 127.0.0.1  # stunnel already adds the header
>
>     # Those servers want the IP Address in X-Client
>     backend www
>         mode http
>         option forwardfor header X-Client
>
>   See also : "option httpclose"
>

> Brian Carpio
> Senior Systems Engineer
>
> Office: +1.303.962.7242
> Mobile: +1.720.319.8617

forwardfor', which works fine.

>  I also want server-side keepalive. And this is when I discovered that
> Haproxy sends the x-forwarded-for header
with the first request of the  keep-alived connection only.
>  It seems that tomcat 6.0.32 (that we use) cannot remember the
> x-forwarded-for value across multiple requests.
So we would need to send  the header with every request.

?

--
Guillaume Castagnino
    ca...@xwing.info / guilla...@castagnino.org