On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:16:59 +0200, Baptiste wrote:
Hi gents,

I'm looking for people who use haproxy on an amazon server.
I'm more interested by the number of hit/s you could get.

Compared to our multi-tomcat-jboss-ultra-threaded-and-locked application (that doesn't seem to like EC2 too much), Haproxy is running like a charm up there. As of hit/s, well, I've never managed to saturate haproxy before saturating everything else in the chain, so I can't tell you.

My (limited) experience of EC2 showed me that the bottleneck are essentially a limited number of CPU (although quite beefy and not applicable to haproxy), the EBS storage (also not applicable) and, if you're not in a VPC, the network. If you have issues with the latest, try running in a VPC, it seems that we are reaching between 1 and 1.5 gbps between instances in that env.

Julien