2011/7/12 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

> Then you can use the errorfile method : you send your request to a
> backend without any server (which will produce an error 503) and you
> use "errorfile 503 /path/to/file" to return this file instead of the
> error 503. Some people use this to serve a few static files.

If it reply 200 it could be the good thing

> > Maybe haproxy could send the well know tiny "transparent pixel" on
> > demand without even go through caching servers. #featurerequest :)
>
> I'm not sure what well known method you're speaking about. However,
> the "return" feature is planned in the roadmap in order to be able
> to return static contents or a specific file. It's just not implemented
> yet.

This is exactly the feature I was thinking (transparent pixel is a classic
small resources used to make design fit well or getting some stats via logs
like google analitics or xity tags)
called with an html img tag it works even when javascript is disabled :)

Cdt,

--
Damien