Hi!

First of all thanks too all on this list for helping me to setup and
configure haproxy. Thanks to Willy for haproxy. I thought it is a good idea
to save somebody like me some time configuring Dell's servers for haproxy to
meet DDoS or other traffic-intensive task. Solution is - "get rid of bnx2
1Gbit NIC". There is an option in Del''s servers to install Intel's 10Gbit
NIC - it is working a way faster (x3, x5) then broadcom. But anyway it is
impossible to have one server to filter 10Gbit DDoS attack, at least it is
very far from default configuration, so I failed to find solution.

But as haproxy is really good software to handle DDoS you can use amazon's
cloud. And that was my final solution. Amazon's servers are taking 400Mbit
per node, so installing 60 EC2 nodes I've managed to filter DDoS traffic at
24Gbit/s (It was somewhere around 10*10^6 requests per second, or ~150-160k
session rate per node) without any problems. Yes, there was some balancing
issues, and some failures for couple of minutes, but it's nothing comparing
to typical DDoS expirience.

And question to Willy: What hardware in your opinion is the best to run
haproxy on to serve lot's of HTTP requests 99% percent of which are trash to
be blocked?