Hi David,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:28:43PM -0700, David Birdsong wrote:
> I've poured over 1.5 docs, and I'm pretty sure this should be
> possible. Is there a way to extract a header string from an http
> header and track that in a stick-table of type 'string'? If so, what
> is the syntax, where does the extraction take place?

Right now it's not implemented, as the track-sc1 statement is only
available at the TCP stage. I'm clearly thinking about having it
before 1.5 is released, because at many places it's much more
important than the source IP itself.

> Also, is there any way to concatenate two headers into one string
> value to track and store? If not, I can concatenate them upstream
> (close to client), but it'd be nice to keep the logic local to
> haproxy's config.

No this is not possible. We need the pattern extraction feature which
has not even started yet for this :-(