Hi Alex,

Sorry I won't have time to help you now, but...

Le mardi 13 septembre 2011 14:26:04, Alex Davies a écrit :
> The total time in milliseconds between accept and last close seems to be
> ~300 seconds for most of the requests (although far from all of them, as the
> first entry shows). If I *restart* (not reload) haproxy, I still get lines
> with the fifth of these numbers ("Tt" in the docs) as ~300,000 (the "timeout
> server" value in the config at the moment I copied the logs above), a few
> seconds after the haproxy process starts. I also get lots that seem to end
> on almost exactly 300k even when I change both "timeout client" and "timeout
> server" to very different numbers.

Have you noticed that your configuration declared the same timeouts several
times ?
The configuration mixed deprecated syntax and new keywords (clitimeout vs
timeout client / contimeout vs timeout connect / srvtimeout vs timeout server).

If you tried to modify the srvtimeout and clitimeout values, that can explain
why you still see those 300s timeouts.

> # haproxy.conf
> defaults
>     timeout connect   200000
>     contimeout        200000
>     clitimeout        90000
>     option forwardfor except 127.0.0.1/32 # Apache running https on
> localhost
>     option httpclose # Required for REMOTE HEADER
>     option redispatch
>     timeout connect 10000
>     timeout client  300000
>     timeout server  300000

Latest values declared will apply :
>     timeout connect 10000
>     timeout client  300000
>     timeout server  300000

Maybe this can help you for the next steps ;-)

--
Cyril Bonté