Jason,

No that option is not relevant for TPROXY (client source IP transparency)

Its an old blog but take a look at:
http://blog.loadbalancer.org/configure-haproxy-with-tproxy-kernel-for-full-transparent-proxy/

Ignore the kernel re-compile stuff, as its all pretty standard in
modern kernels.
But it should show you how to construct the haproxy.cfg file.

On 23 September 2011 22:53, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My understanding has been that HAProxy can be set up in conjunction
> with TPROXY support in the Linux kernel so that the backend servers
> see the original client's source IP address on incoming packets?
>
> So is the "option transparent"
> (http://code.google.com/p/haproxy-docs/wiki/transparent) not related
> to that type of transparent proxying or am I mistaken and there's no
> way to make HAProxy preserve the original client IP on the way to the
> backend servers?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> -J

Malcolm Turnbull.