Hi,

I am interested in rate limiting connections from users to stop small DOS
'attacks' from individual users.

I see the excellent post at http://blog.serverfault.com/post/1016491873/ and
have followed this in a test enviroment.

I have the following questions:
* What is the best way to monitor the # of connections that are being
rejected as a result of this from the log? The socat example in that post
seems - to me - to show the number of IPs in the relevant tables as opposed
to the number of connections that are being rejected. Is it possible also
to know which 'reject' the request is blocked by (from the example post
there are 2)
* Is it possible to 'hash' on a specific cookie value (i'm thinking
PHPSESSID) as well as IP, i.e. if connections for any given PHPSESSID value
reaches x per minute block?

Many thanks,

Alex

--
Alex Davies

the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail permanently.