Is it possible to delay the FrontEnd binding until the back ends have had
time to do health checks and rise?

Scenario:
I use multiple HAProxy nodes with multiple A records.
eg: foo.example.com resolves to a.b.c.d and a.b.c.z

If the first machine goes down, most browsers happily move along to a
different IP if the first IP fails to respond to port 80.

However, I think I am seeing when I recover the original host, it will
briefly send 503s when it has bound to port 80 on the frontend, but hasn't
connected all the back ends.

Thus I'm looking for a mechanism to delay the binding on the FrontEnd for a
small timewindow.
(ideally I would set this window to just above my 'RISE' thresholds for
backend health checks)

I was looking for this in the config, but couldn't find it.

Do other people see this problem?

I imagine I could hack together a gatekeeper using iptables, but I feel
like it might be a nice feature for HAProxy.

--J