From: Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:02 AM
To: Timothy Garnett
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: Slowness in establishing connections from ruby to Haproxy after
upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.18

Hi again Tim,

I could finally successfully reproduce the issue. Eventhough the client's
behaviour is sub-optimal, haproxy's behaviour in this case is inappropriate, so
I fixed it with the attached patch. The principle is that we re-enable TCP
quick-ack if we know that we're waiting for more data from the client (headers
or body).

It fixes all the test cases for me without removing the optimization for the
common case. So I'm merging it into 1.5 and 1.4.