One way to do this is to find it in the logs with a script and then have
that script apply a black hole rule to iptables.  As a matter of course, we
use a similar approach to block rapid failed login attempts on servers with
public facing ssh.  It works very well.

-Jerry

Jerry Champlin
Absolute Performance Inc.
Phone: 303-565-4401
--
Enabling businesses to deliver critical applications at lower cost and
higher value to their customers.