Hi Thomas

We used to install ubuntu jeos 8.0.4 ( just enought OS ) in vmware and it
was using 20 mg ram on the host and not much CPU. I'm pretty sure you have
that on your host. You can allocate 128M ram to the vm and 2 GB of disk.

Now Jeos is part os a ubuntu server install, I never did it with 10.04 but
here is what I found this morning

 'Download the server ISO image <http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download>,
boot from it, press F4 on the first screen and select "Install a minimal
virtual machine"'

You will found haproxy buid for 386 or 64 bit taht you can install in these
vm.

We use that in a production env for for 50-60 user for RDP protocol and it
just work.

YMMV

Guillaume

--