Hello Joakim,

What is synced is the persistence (stick) table, not the tcp sessions, haproxy don't do this, as it is the kernel job to maintains sessions.

However, i know some guys who use keepalived with syncd features to do that, but never made a test myself...
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.server_state_sync_demon.html

Btw, HTTP traffic are really small requests and is not really affected by TCP connection breakage, so there is really little need for this kind of tricks unless you have mainly long HTTP requests or RDP connections, or something that really needs never-disconnected TCP connections.

Regards,

Hervé.