On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:39 AM, S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree it will add overheard for each call.
>
> Well would there a way for me to somehow tell haproxy from my application to
> block a particular url, and then send another api call to allow traffic from
> that url?

This is different.
Soon, you'll be able to store an URL in a stick-table, so you'll be
able to update a gpc counter by setting up a particular header on the
server side which tells HAProxy to block this request.
For the cancellation of this blocking system, you could request the
URL with a particular header to unblock it.

It might be doable with HAProxy nightly snapshot, but you should
definitely wait for Willy to provide the 1.5-dev9 which allows strings
in stick-tables.