Hi Aleks,

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 12:26:38AM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> After all this changes is it still necessary to have the appsession
> directive in haproxy?
>
> Could it not be removed to avoid confusions and future question what
> should be used appsession
> or *cook*?

I remember that there were a few special tricks in appsession, such
as request-learn and things like this. I think that right now we have
everything ready to emulate appsession, so maybe we could replace the
whole thing with stick-tables and have the appsession keyword just
alias the required configuration statements with a warning. This would
enable appsession sharing between LBs, the thing we wanted to implement
back in 2005 :-)

Are you interested in looking at this ?

Cheers,