Oh hey guys,

I do the same thing and use the stunnel proxy protocol. You just add protocol =
proxy to stunnel and use bind :81 accept-proxy for haproxy and it seems to take
care of the rest. I do have to add some extra headers using addreq to identify
port and protocol but that's just hardcoded in the https frontend (and http
frontend for consistency).

Hope that helps. I know newer versions of haproxy and stunnel are required so
double check that.

--
Chris LeBlanc