On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Jakov Sosic <jso...@srce.hr> wrote:
> On 07/17/2012 08:53 PM, Baptiste wrote:
>
>> My advice: read the documentation about minconn, maxconn and fullconn
>> and review your configuration
>> Second advice, you should do content swithcing, routing your static
>> content outside your dynamic farm.
>> Queueing makes sense for dynamic content, but is almost useless for
>> static one (only a maxconn value is enough for such servers, they
>> write from memory directly to the network interface and they should
>> never require queue)
>
> OK, raising up minconn from 9 to 40 on servers really solved the
> issues... What puzzles me is that I haven't touch the haproxy.cfg for at
> least a few months and problems arose suddenly.

Hi,

Maybe your server answered faster before, or you have now much more traffic.
HAProxy will maintain the number of connections opened it needs for
the amount of requests it has to send to a single server.
If your servers are slow to answer, the connections remain opened
longer, then you could reach the minconn (and maxconn) faster.

The same if you have more users: you have more chances to reach the
minconn and to use queues.

Cheers