On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> that said, I'm not sure that you can remove this char.

Jeremy, it is not pretty, but we run analytics on a bunch of log
files. We format them as best we can in the producers, but some still
need transformation. Our analytics software is able to read logs from
files, or from a pipe. Thus we have commands (sed/awk) that do some
final format changes just before analysis. If your stats package does
not have similar functionality, you may be able to use cron or
logrotate to run commands against the log files before analysis. We
like to retain the original logs, the JIT approach is nice for us.
Without JIT, you can instead retain separate logs (for archival and
analysis) and remove one set after analysis.