❦  5 janvier 2013 09:06 CET, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> :

> Did you get a significant performance gain with padlock ? I've not had
> the chance to test one yet. I don't even know if it requires an engine
> or not. At least with aes-ni, it's included in the native code, you
> don't need the engine (and the perf gain is impressive, we achieved
> 5 Gbps of AES256 per core).

Hi Willy!

It depends how AES-NI is compiled in your OpenSSL. On Ubuntu, AES-NI
support is builtin and selected automatically. But if people are using
implementations from Intel for older versions of OpenSSL, the engine
needs to be selected by hand. See:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!msg/mailing.openssl.dev/Z8PwfK53C2E/pdkktMcnpAEJ
--
panic("Unable to find empty mailbox for aha1542.\n");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/aha1542.c