Hi Willy,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm guessing you mean something like this
backend:

backend x
    balance roundrobin
    stick-table type string size 32k peers other_haproxy_server expire 24h
    stick store-response set-cookie(PHPSESSID)

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that this will only mean that
sessions become "persistant" once PHPSESSID is set. So, to translate into
practicality, as long as the login page creates the relevant cooke (and it
does not subsequently change once logged in), this should work nicely.

Thanks,

-Alex