> When I try with tw_recycle = 0 then I start to get a lot of TIME_WAIT
> connections and performance degrades quite quickly so I cannot remove it
> for now

This indicates you are running out of source ports and it is
probably why the latency increases with the number of simultaneous connections.

Can you please:
- check dmesg for kernel errors/warnings while benchmarking
- run vmstat 1 while benchmarking and post the result
- specify the exact version and build config (haproxy -vv)
- specify exact linux kernel release (uname -a)

I'm not sure if it helps in your environment, but could you try the
"option nolinger" in the backend?

Lukas