On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> For the medium term, I'm going to prepare the following changes :
>
>   - make poll() rely solely on bit fields without using FD_* macros
>   - add a start up warning when select() is used with a maxconn leading
>     to more than FD_SETSIZE fds, followed by a runtime test to make it
>     crash in glibc while parsing the config if needed instead of reserving
>     a friday evening surprize for you.
>   - enable poll() by default in the generic target, as it's supported on
>     all platforms where haproxy is known to build

haproxy built with macports on OSX seems to only have support for select()
and not poll().  I don't have any suggestions but is this environment
impacted by your proposed changes?

Not running haproxy on osx for anything other than localhost development
mode of course, but keeping it working on osx would be great.

$> /opt/local/sbin/haproxy -vv
HA-Proxy version 1.4.22 2012/08/09
Copyright 2000-2012 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = osx
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = /usr/bin/clang -arch x86_64
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing
  OPTIONS = USE_LIBCRYPT=1 USE_REGPARM=1 USE_PCRE=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 8192, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes

Available polling systems :
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 1 (1 usable), will use select.