Hey Phil,

I've recently been evaluating all of the above. Wackamole + Spread
have so far worked the best for me (distributing a number of VIP's
across a cluster of HAProxy machines with, allowing failover).
Heartbeat didn't seem to work well in my environment, and I had a lot
of trouble getting ucarp configured just-right.

It could be that I was just doing-it-wrong, but Wackamole + Spread
have been relatively painless other than some oddities declaring
spread segments (requiring me to only list one host per segment).

Cheers,
Jeff