Hi All,

We have HAPROXY 1.4.22 running in our environment, one issue that I have
encountered during testing concerns source IP address affinity, we are trying
to achieve a form of Sticky Session persistence. I noticed that if we have the
following configuration in place then we experience problems with web pages not

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
# NSD which proxys to the NSD Application Servers on port 8081
#---------------------------------------------------------------------

frontend http-nsd
    mode http
    bind *:8081
        default_backend nsd

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
# round robin balancing between the various backends
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
backend nsd
     mode http
     balance     roundrobin
      cookie SERVERID insert indirect nocache
      server server01 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:8081 check cookie s1
      server server02 xxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx:8081 check cookie s2

If we then change the balance mode to source then the web page loads
successfully.

Is this the correct way to be achieving 'stickiness' or is there a better more
elegant way of achieving this?.

Many thanks Jon

---
posted at http://www.serverphorums.com