From: Lukas Tribus [mailto:luky...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:01 AM
To: Ahmed Osman
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: RE: Question on feature stability in 1.5

Hi Ahmed,

> I wanted to find out if the features I'm using can be considered
> "complete" for 1.5.
> [...]
> if these are feature complete (or "stable")

The latest 1.5 snapshot should be fairly usable also in production, but since
there is no "feature freeze", that will very likely change with new features
beeing commited to 1.5.

If you would like to run development software in production, you need to do
extensive testing prior to deploying it and be aware that troubleshooting bugs
will likely be needed. If thats something you are willing to do - great (that
way you help making 1.5 more stable). On the other hand, if you would like a
stable solution which is as stable as possibile, you better not use to haproxy
1.5. Nginx may be a solution an alternative at that point (it does not have all
those fancy load- balancing features haproxy has, but it may be enough for your
deployment).

Regards,
Lukas