Hi Smana!

> haproxy crashes with the following error :
>
> kernel: [334012.858141] haproxy[6914] general protection ip:46832d
> sp:7fffe5e219e8 error:0 in haproxy[400000+89000]

Please share the output of "haproxy -vv".

> This behavior appears only with ssl frontends.

Upgrade to latest snapshot from [1] and reprovide haproxy -vv.
The snapshot contains ssl related fixes (missing in dev18).

If this still happens with the snapshot, please provide a
coredump? You can follow this instructions (quoting myself,
I didn't find that email in the archives):

> Make sure:
> - haproxy is started as root
> - it doesn't use chrooting
> - don't use the init script, but start haproxy manually right
>    after you used the ulimit command
> - otherwise follow the description here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg09472.html
>
> The ´cat /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern´ setting specifies in what
> directory the coredump is saved to.
>
> By following the above suggestion you make your setup less secure,
> so use it with care and revert those things after you obtained
> the coredump.
>
> The coredump itself and the gdb output as well will contain things
> like ip addresses, etc. Please be aware of that when you post it
> to the mailing list.
>
> If you cannot publish such data you may just sent the gdb output
> to Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> instead of the mailing list.

[1] http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.5/src/snapshot/

Cheers,
Lukas