The current syslog implementation (via UDP) sends log entries with the
millisecond portion of the timestamp stripped off. Our log collector is
capable of handling timestamps with millisecond accuracy and I would
like to have it do so. Is there any way to accomplish this?

I know you can add an additional timestamp into the log message, but the
log collector uses the syslog timestamp as _the_ timestamp.

Haproxy 1.5 custom log format has access to the date/time, hostname, and
pid, so it would be nice to just have haproxy not add anything to the
log entries other than facility & priority, and then let the custom log
format add the date, host, program, and pid.

-Patrick