2013/5/21 Nick Jennings <n...@silverbucket.net>:
> Hi All,
>
>  When someone visit www.example.com/foobar I'd like to force a trailing
> slash. Here's what I've got so far, but it doesn't seem to be working, and

You may have a look at redirect section :

# send redirects for request for articles without a '/'.
acl missing_slash path_reg ^/article/[^/]*$
redirect code 301 prefix / drop-query append-slash if missing_slash

> I've tried a number of variations to no avail.
>
> reqrep ^([^\ ]*)\ /foobar(.*)     \1\ /foobar/\2

Do you really just try to add a trailing slash here ?  What I read
here is really much more complex url rewriting. For a simple trailing
slash reqrep ^(.*)[^/]$    \1/ may work (untested).